- Arnaud Grivaud, The Reorganization of Political Power in Japan: The High Public Function in the Japanese Political System from the 1990s to the Present, Thesis, Paris Diderot, 2016, Dir. Prof. Eric Seizelet. By the same author, Japanese democracy and the relationship between senior officials and politicians (here). Also Contempory Japan Seminar Boards – vidéo
- The 20th Congress of the International Academy of Comparative Law (General Congress) : here
- Video of the international colloquium of Tours, 26 and 27 of march 2018 : here
- April 12, 2018: Review of the Colloquium of March 26 and 27, 2018: European Union and Japan: Crossing Perspectives on our Mutual Influences and Common Interests. Organized by Professor Pierre-Yves Monjal, Director of the Nihon-EuropA network and co-director of the IRJI. This international conference enabled sixteen speakers, including nine Japanese colleagues, to address several comparative law issues of interest to Japan and certain States of the Union (Germany, France, etc.) but also, and above all, to tackling an important economic partnership agreement concluded between the European Union and Japan on 8 December 2017. This agreement has led to very comprehensive and technical interventions to address its content and scope more precisely. The Ambassador of Japan to France, Mr. Masato KITERA (graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Tokyo and former student of the National School of Administration), sent us a message that we read in which He congratulated the organizers of the symposium and emphasized the strategic importance of the partnership between our Faculty of Law in Tours and the Japanese Universities which belong to the Nihon-EuropA network. Japan’s ambassador to the European Union, Mr. Takanori UEHARA, made us the great honor to join us on Monday evening and part of the day on Tuesday. During his speech, he also emphasized this university cooperation, which, in his opinion, is decisive and valuable and indicated how the agreement between the European Union and Japan is decisive for the future. The conference ended with an appointment scheduled for October 2020 with the organization of a new colloquium on the issue of environment and sustainable development in the framework of the EU-Japan agreement. . We would like to thank Mrs V. Picard very sincerely for her decisive and so precious help for all.Pierre-Yves Monjal Upcoming conferences of the Nihon-EuropA program:
- – October-November 2019: The law of wine and gastronomy: cross-views European Union, France, Japan
- – October-November 2020: Climate, sustainable development, environment: EU-Japan cross-visions in the light of the Economic Partnership Agreement.
International colloquiums of march 2018
- Faculty of law — Poitiers : 22 and 23 of march 2018 — Crossloads in France and Japan on legal and social consequences of aging Program, Video
- Faculty of law – Tours : 26 and 27 of march 2018 — European Union and Japan:Perspectives on our reciprocal influences and common interests — Program — Your coming — Acces map
- Call for Applications: MINERVA EU-Japan Fellowship Programme : here
- 2016 EU-Japan Forum — Bruxelles 2- 25 october 2016
Waseda University, Université Libre de Bruxelles, European Institute for Asian Studies, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Perspectives on French-Japanese Legal Studies Tours Symposium on 4 and 5 October 2016 Law Faculty of Tours – Board Room, Bldg. B, second floor
Videos program On 4 and 5 October 2016, we mentioned it, a conference devoted to the Franco-Japanese Legal Studies will be held at the Faculty of Law of Tours. This symposium is part of Nihon-EuropA program – supported by MSH and the University of Tours – whose objective is to promote knowledge of Japanese law and intensify informal and conventional partnerships between French and Japanese researchers . The October conference has no theme as such. Its organizers wanted to offer participants different perspectives on issues related to Japan and its law. French and Japanese researchers renowned contribute to this (future program). The Nihon-EuropA program is enriched gradually. The Universities of Tours and Poitiers have about it answered a call for joint project (CRA) launched by the University of Tours this year. Now, over the period 2016-2018, thanks to a strong support from the University of Tours, a new program, called U-Nihon, will deploy a view to strengthen our network and organize end of 2018 an International Symposium at least 2 days on relations between Europe and Japan. All colleagues interested in the conference can contact us if they wish. The conference on 4 and 5 October 2016 will correspond to an important moment for the city of Tours, to the extent that it will organize the Fifth Franco-Japanese meeting in the same period (more info). The city of Tours has accepted our scientific event falls within the fifth meetings. This will be the opportunity for academic colleagues to participate in some events organized by the city. Professor Masahiro Sogabe will visit us at Tours University as visiting professor during the 2016-2017 year. He is Professor of Public Law, based in Kyoto University and English speaking.